Introduction to Asprise OCR
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is the technology that allows you to transform images
(e.g., images scanned from paper documents) into editable text-based computer files.
About Asprise OCR SDK
Embedded a high performance OCR engine, Asprise OCR SDK is OCR software development kit (SDK)
that can be used with Java, C#, Visual Basic (VB) .Net, Delphi, Borland C, etc. on multiple
platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Solaris and AIX.
Features of Asprise OCR
An incomplete list of features offered by Asprise OCR:
Highest Level of Accuracy - Asprise OCR can easily recognize difficult documents of poor image quality
Excellent Format Retention - Text layouts on the input documents are preserved;
Data Capture and Table Detection - Detects structured information like tables, rows, columns and cells.
Images To Searchable PDF - With a few lines of code, you can convert various formats of images such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and PDF into searchable PDF or PDF/A files.
High Speed - Asprise OCR uses optimized OCR engine to perform excellent recognition in very short time;
20+ Languages Supported - Recognizes 20+ languages such as English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Hungarian, Finnish, Swedish, Romanian, Polish, Malay, Arabic, Indonesian, and Russian.
Ease of Use - We strive to make the developer’s life easier. Complex parameter configurations are removed from Asprise OCR SDK. You only have to supply the image document. Asprise OCR can intelligently determine the best setting internally.
- Barcode Recognition - Beside characters (letters and numbers), Asprise OCR can recognize almost every kind of bar code. You can choose to recognize barcode or characters or both. Currently, the following bar code formats are supported:
- CODE 128 (128b, 128C, 128raw)
- EAN 8 EAN 13
- code 3 of 9
- code interleaved 2 of 5
- QR code
Currently, Asprise OCR supports the following languages:
||ISO 639 code
The evaluation version is able to recognize English (eng), Spanish (spa), Portuguese (por), German (deu) and French (fra). For other languages, please contact us.
Operating Systems Supported
Asprise OCR has been optimized for the following OS:
- Windows 10 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows 8/8.1 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows XP 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit & 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit & 64-bit
- Mac OS X
- Amazon Linux 32-bit & 64-bit
- CentOS 32-bit & 64-bit
- Debian 32-bit & 64-bit
- Oracle Linux 32-bit & 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 32-bit & 64-bit
- SUSE Linux 32-bit & 64-bit
- Ubuntu 32-bit & 64-bit
Please contact us if your desired OS is not in above list.